"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~E.L. Doctorow”
For my first blog, I decided I would start out with explaining my reasoning and debate behind creating a blog. Before I learned to speak, I learned to write. I choose to pick up a pen and paper rather than fight and cry. I learned my emotions and troubles were better explained through phrases and quotes of the greats rather than through tears and signs of desperation. And so began my relationship with writing. Every time my parents fought, I wrote a poem. Every time my world crashed down, I wrote a story. Ironically, I chronicled my entire life through words yet I never shared my writings with anyone. The first time someone read one of my poems (my best friend accidently found one) I cringed and held my breath and prayed as every second that passed her eyes carefully followed the sacred lines I had swore never to share. And here I am. Posting my writings I hoped would never be read to a world I will probably never know. So please, to those who care to read my rants and vents and tales …be kind. Know that comments are appreciated and if needed disses as well. I share my writings not to be known but to be understood. As Doctorow said above, writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. Some of my blogs may be great. Some may be terrible. Some maybe bring you to tears. Some may force a smile on your face.
CL
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment